After publishing a post to the discussion board, the user cannot see his or her post. This may be due to a filter. First, be sure you are viewing the forum in List view, rather than Tree view. While in root directory for the forum, click on the Display button and be sure "Published" is selected. The other options, for example "Saved", act as filters, so the entire published forum/threads are not shown.
When downloading an annotate PDF using the Inline Grading tool, the downloaded file cannot be opened or read. The file is appended with a second three letter extension. Once removed, so that only the .pdf extension remains, the file should open.
When downloading assignments from the Inline Grading, the download button may not work on a MAC. This appears to be dependent on which operating system is used.
When setting up due dates for content, the calendar may display repeat dates, for example two days labeled September 1.
Blackboard users using the Internet Explorer (IE) browser may encounter compatibility issues. For better compatibility, use the Firefox browser instead. Find it here to download (click the big green button to download and install): http://www.mozilla.org.
- Using copy-and-paste to get text from Microsoft Word, the Internet, or other programs into Blackboard text boxes can cause several problems due to the fact that a lot of other information, such as formatting commands, is being copied and pasted along with the text.
- If possible, it's best to type directly into a Blackboard text box. If you wish to copy and paste, you have a couple of choices that will help reduce the amount of information copied:
1. Paste first to a text Editor like Wordpad, Notepad, or TextEdit, then copy and paste that to Blackboard since these programs do not carry over any formatting.
2. Using the Blackboard Word Mash-Up tool to paste text from a Word document.
- These tools are no longer fully functional and not supported.Please consider using WebEx instead to communicate with students over the Internet. To get started with WebEx, go here: http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/mts/webex.html and find further information about using WebEx here under the heading Web Conferencing: http://hartford.edu/academics/faculty/fcld/learn_technology/ed_tech_instructions.aspx .